It’s been awhile since I’ve posted any new projects. It must seem I have been at the pool all summer. Not exactly… but not entirely untrue.
So what have I really been doing this summer and autumn? Mostly WordPress websites.
- Installed a new theme for an existing WordPress website, restructured existing posts to be more readable online, added search engine optimization (SEO), created a social media marketing (SMM) plan for eternalsouls.net, An interactive forum about how God is working in our lives to bring about love, hope, change and transformation. Doug has an important message to share.
- Developed product specific pages and a WooCommerce Shopping cart with products, photos, and more for WaterMag. It gets the water out of hydraulic systems a new product from FilterMag. watermag.net
- Created Fall web slider and LookBook from MJ OBrien Design’s work, and added Fall Photoshoot to YouTube and website for JudyP Apparel – judypapparel.com.
- Continued work moving an existing HTML site to WordPress website, setup subscription and membership functionality on WooCommerce, and finally went live today! EI1.org
- Developed new WordPress site designed by MJ OBrien Design. Robin Kalota provides strategies and solutions to reach both lifestyle and wealth transfer objectives for clients with significant art collections. planartllc.com
- Updated PVBoosterClub.com with Divi, a WordPress theme from Elegant Themes. Very customizable.
- Setup a landing page for donations for Cutting Edge, a payment processor. Just a simple page where donors can make online contributions.
- PVHigh.com became pvhs.pvpusd.net, a part of a district-wide move to Edlio, a provider of websites to schools. I was sad to see pvhigh.com go offline in the format I had so painstakingly developed over seven years. I have stayed on to keep the site content updated, requiring me to learn the Edlio back-end. I am also adding content to Constant Contact weekly email updates sent to students and parents. Continual changes, and always something new to learn. Fun.
- Continued the development of a website for Temecula Town Center with a very cool map and directory function. Designed by MJ OBrien Design. This is now live at www.temeculatc.com.
- Developed a new WordPress website for Las Madrecitas – Las Ninas using Elegant Themes Divi. There are three parts to the site – public pages, members only pages, and a customized interface with TrackItForward for members to track their service hours, and volunteer for community service events. Also added WooCommerce for resale of ball gowns. Member subscribers receive emailed notices of News posted to the website. You can’t see most of this unless you are a member. I’ll do a post soon on the functionality of this site and show you screenshots. lasmadrecitas-lasninas.com
- Laid out a wireframe for a new WordPress website for Faith Radio Uganda. This is now live! faithradiouganda.org
- So what’s left? A website for a real estate developer is still pending, an events and entertainment company website just went live. Designed by MJ OBrien Design there are lots of great videos and audios to sample. I’ll do a post on this one soon as well. wendoevents.com
- More WordPress websites! Just starting a new site for a client of Sinning Communications, a public relations firm which provides services to technical industries. And revamping Foothill HS Counseling’s WordPress website using a new theme and more news driven homepage layout.
- And all through the warm and sometimes very hot summer days I continued to monitor more than 45 websites, backing up files and databases, monitoring security to prevent hackers from hijacking websites, updating software; and adding and updating content as needed – new products, customers, blog posts, videos, social media, and lots more.
It was hot here in Southern California less than a month ago. My almost daily gifts of roses next to the coffee maker are becoming less frequent. Now Thanksgiving has come and gone. Christmas, Hanukkah, and 2017 are just days away. It’s cool outside now so I’m not tempted to get cool in the pool. Guess I’ll keep my nose to the grindstone until it warms up again.